Privacy Notice for Geography
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and safeguarding any personal data that you give to us. We are transparent about the processing of your personal data and this notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We are a controller under the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The Turning House, Treen, St Levan, Penzance, Cornwall, United Kingdom, TR19 6LG
What kind of personal data do we collect and process?
We collect your user name and your location. Your user name and password (we don’t know this) are required for you to create an account to use Geography. Your location is required as an integral part of Geography and it won’t work without your location.
Geography doesn’t collect any personal data by using cookies – we don’t use any analytics.
What is our legal basis to use your personal data?
Our legal bases are contract, consent and legitimate interest.
Contract – the purchase of Geography creates a contract between you and us. We will send you any service messages or updates as part of your contract.
Consent – Geography works on GPS so we need your consent for you to share your location with us. You also have the option to save and share your journeys and this data processing is with your consent.
Legitimate interest – we would like to send you information about Geography, such as other places where it is available. We don’t need your consent to send you emails like this as you have purchased Geography and you can opt out at any time.
Who do we share your data with?
Your data is stored on our secure servers, maintained by our service provider.
Your data is given by you to our payment providers, Stripe and Apple Pay, but we don’t receive your card details, only confirmation that you have paid.
Please find Stripe’s privacy notice here: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
Please find Apple Pay’s privacy notice here: https://www.apple.com/legal/applepayments/privacy-notice/
How long do we keep your data?
HMRC require us to keep financial data, such as your payment information, for seven years. We will keep your data securely on our servers for seven years, after which it will be deleted.
Do we transfer data out of the UK?
Our secure server is in Germany.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You have the right:
- To access to your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
- we no longer need it;
- if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- we are processing your personal data unlawfully
- To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out by automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with us in the first instance. You may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.